Monday, August 19, 2013

A great meeting and final plans

We were able to set up and attend a Bishopric Training meeting in our stake all centered around missionary work. President Samuelian came personally to train and work alongside our stake president to testify as a temporary missionary companionship. It was pretty neat. We as a zone of missionaries gathered and were invited to attend. We took about 2 hours to prepare a musical number (Hymn 270 "I'll Go Where you Want Me to Go") and then prayed to ask that our efforts would be consecrated by the Spirit. And it seemed to turn out well. I have attached a file of our performance if you would like to listen to it (the first verse is the Sisters, the second the Elders, and the third verse is all of the Bishops, Stake Presidency, Mission Presidency, and us as missionaries).  Here is the link to the song:  "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go," Forest Grove Zone & the Bishops.
I am loving it out here in Forest Grove. And I just found out - the travel arrangements are being planned and I am no longer going home September 3rd. I have prayed about it and talked with President Samuelian and I am extending my mission until October 14th. It is a rare opportunity that any missionary can extend their missions because the church only allows you to extend up to 30 days and 2 years from the original date that you arrive in the MTC (I arrived September 14th 2011, so the most I can extend is to October 14th). Usually extensions are denied by Salt Lake because it causes too much inconvenience in going home halfway between a transfer (a six week period in which we switch companions and go home) but because of the mission split and the MTC change, I was set back to go home initially on September 3. So long story short, I will not be coming home until October 14th at the very earliest.
I am learning tons about what I can do and accomplish in my life just by learning more how to receive revelation and visions for my life. I know that these next few months will only help me to increase that to give me a more sturdy spiritual foundation. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord for a total of 25 months as opposed to the usual 24.

I hope everyone takes advantage of the blessings and opportunities that come inherently and instantly from serving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment