Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas, part 2

On Monday, I got a hair cut from a member and hung out with them for a bit. After having breakfast for dinner (my favorite!) with some members, Elfer Bresnahan and I got to go out with Santa Claus as his elfs and deliver presents to a few kids! It was so fun to watch the kids faces and their reactions. After Santa dropped us back off at a members, we ended our evening by playing some games with members. What a fun Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning, Elder Baba and Osgood came over to our apartment and opened some presents with us. Thanks everyone for all the gifts and letters and prayers that have been sent my way! After playing with our new deck of Phase 12 cards and listening to some of our new music, we rode through the rain over to a member's house who had our whole district over for breakfast. It was so yummy! They're awesome! Christmas wouldn't be the same without the members. They spoil us. I'm grateful.
After dropping by the Taylors and calling you guys, we rode through some more rain and stopped by our investigator family to hang out for a few hours. We played a couple games of Uno Speed and Catch phrase. It was cool to just be able to hang out and become better friends with them. We came back later in the evening and played some more games with them just before heading home too.
For dinner that night we went over to our reactivated less actives and had prime rib, yorkshire pudding, mashed taters, and string beans. Yumo! When we first arrived at their house we chatted for a bit, they went into prepare the food some more and I was so tuckered out by that time that I just drifted off into sleepy land for a bit. Haha. It was a long fun day!
This morning we had a great district meeting and afterwards I was able to interview yet another candidate for baptism in our district! I'm absolutely loving being able to be apart of so many baptisms even though we haven't been able to have our own (yet!). It's been such a blessing and it makes me want to be better and better -- after all I am constantly teaching and asking people to change their lives for the better, so I ought to be doing so myself everyday. The Gospel has helped me do that so well. That's the greatest gift I think I've been given ever - the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's also the one I've most enjoyed giving.
I hope everyone's had a great holiday season! Even though it's wrapping up with New Years this next week, I pray that we will all remember to keep the Spirit of Christ with us. Just like we come to Church every week to partake of the Sacrament and remember Christ then, Christmas is a yearly thing that we do to remember Him. So let's not let it be put to waste by going back to our old ways. New Years Day is a great way to wrap up the holidays by helping us remember what we've been blessed with, what we need to do, and then to set the goals and get to it! I know I need to do so.
I love you all. Keep a very merry Christmas in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment