Monday, April 16, 2012

Special week after Easter

After an exchange on Wednesday with the District Leader and our routine weekly planning session on Thursday, we had a wonderful time at the Portland Temple on Friday. We were able to visit the newly built and opened Temple Visitor's Center and watch and listen to all the interactive stations about Prophets, Temples, and the Book of Mormon. We watched a quick video on Heavenly Father's Plan for us which was greatly focused on families. :) Although the Portland Temple Visitor's Center isn't quite as spectacular as good ole' Salt Lake's, I loved it nonetheless.

Then we got to go through a session with our District in the Temple. It was so neat and I absolutely loved the feeling of being there with 'my brothers' in the service of God. We were surrounded by the Spirit and I could feel God's love in teaching me and strengthening me as we departed. What a blessing to have a temple in my mission! A gorgeous one, at that! I couldn't be more enthused to be in Portland.



No comments:

Post a Comment