Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Off to Forest Grove


On Saturday morning just as we were about to leave the apartment, I received a call from the APs asking me to take up the assignment of training a second greenie. I gladly accepted and then they proceeded to inform me of further information of where I would be moving to so that I didn't take my luggage all the way to transfers and back. I am now assigned to just one ward and moved into a new apartment after transfers yesterday in Forest Grove 1st, while Elder Wohlleben is assigned with his new companion (Elder Hatch who came to the field the same time I did) in Council Creek Ward. We made the necessary preparations with the wards on Sunday and anxiously awaited to see who our new companions would be.
Brother Burke had noticed that my waist no longer filled my pants and I was constantly tugging them up so he brought me a pair of suspenders as a going away (from his ward) gift and then he took us to transfer meeting. Love him! With permission of the vehicle coordinator I drove the brand new Toyota to transfer meeting with Elder W and Brother Burke.
After the training President gave us as trainers, our new missionaries, all 27 of them (9 Sisters, 18 Elders -- at least five of them 18 year olds), came filing in. We were then assigned to our new missionaries and sent into the transfer meeting. I am training Elder Hunter Thomas Rees (18 year old, turns 19 in June) from Orem, UT. He has three younger siblings like me - two sisters and a brother. I'm so excited to be working with him!
We have an awesome apartment decked out with all the good stuff - pictures to come soon. We got to meet the Bishop and a few members last night and will get our heads screwed on straight and unpacked today for preparation day. Loads more to say, not enough time to say it. Love you all! Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment